Sunday, January 15, 2012

Adele, Anorexia, and Bulimia

Adele Laurie Blue Adkins (Adele) is one of my biggest inspirations. Right up there with Amy Lee, Bette Midler, Joan Jett, and Scarlett Pomers. Why? Because she, like the rest of these women, is a very talented vocalist. More than that, though, she is a bit on the heavier side, which singles her out among the others. She is not ashamed of her appareance (nor should she be) and she is happy with herself.

Now, my parents know everything, I've been diagnosed as having anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa on occasion, and I'm currently toying with the idea of recovery. I would love to be more like these women, but especially Adele. She is comfortable with herself and doesn't give a damn what people think. Is she happy every second of every day? No. No one is, and she is no exception. I'm currently writing a memoir of my struggle with the diseases, and I'll post an early draft as soon as I feel it is ready to be seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment